House paint colors play a very important role for every home owner. A good combination of colors makes a good house appear even better. Here are some tips which come in handy, for choosing the paint colors of any house:
Tips for choosing the interior paint colors for home painting
- Keep the furniture, accessories and window treatments into account. A paint color matching them is always a better choice. If you are about to get a new room painted, then you can go with the color of your choice.
- The paint color affects the room size too. Colors as, violet and green make the room appear larger. Warm colors as yellow and red should be avoided, as they make the room look small.
- There are trims on the wall of the rooms. You have two options available in such cases. You can paint the trim with different color than that of the wall. This will emphasize the trim. You can also color the trim with the same color, to give itamonochromatic appearance.
- Try to use dark and light shades of the same color, in the house. It will harmonize the appearance of the entire house. If you use two extreme contrasting colors, they will appear to be clashing.
- Just check the paint colors once, before buying them says a Myrtle Beach paint expert. You should see how they look in daylight and at night. This will give you an idea of, how the interior will appear after the application of paint. These were some tips for choosing the paint for interior of the house. You need to be very careful while choosing the paint for exterior of the house too. Keep these points into consideration, whenever you buy exterior paint color:
Tips for choosing the exterior paint colors for home painting.
- The colors of the neighboring houses are also very important. Just take care and see if the color that you have chosen is compatible with the neighboring houses too. In some instances you may need to check with your home owners association as certain colors may be restricted.
- The structure of the house too should be considered before choosing a color. It is good to paint the decks, stones, bricks with some strong colors to give them rugged appearance.
- You should also take into account the popular color for the exterior. Nowadays the most popular color in America is White or Off White. You can also go for Brown or Tan color, as they are mostly preferred.
- Get the entire building colored with balanced colors. If an intense color is used on one side, it will have lopsided appearance. Studies have revealed that dark colors are prone to easy fading. They absorb a lot of light and lose their intensity. Thus it is preferable to go for light colors. Get the colors which are durable. They should not lose their sheen in sunlight easily.
- You don’t need to pay moreattention to the metal window paint. Their color is not detectedmost of the times. As these windows blend with the outside paint color.
Use these tips from Myrtle Beach Painter for choosing the colors for your house and make your abode look elegant! Or give us a call and we can help you with your paint selection.
MBHS Painting Services
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Conway, Loris, Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, Atlantic Beach, Briarcliffe Acres, Surfside Beach, Bucksport, Forestbrook, Garden City, Little River, Ayor, Socastee, Carolina Forest, Cherry Grove, Cool Spring, Fantasy Harour, Gallivants Ferry, Green Sea, Longs, Pine Island, Springmaid Beach